Children require 1 hour of activity a day and there are multitudes of programs, sports and activities to help keep your child busy. Sometimes participating in organized sports can prove a challenge to your family schedule and if this is the case, finding a recreational facility that offers your child an assortment of varied and interesting activities is helpful.
You can also be spared the frustration of trying to schedule your life around your child’s games and practices. Although most children enjoy participating in team sports, programs and activities that are designed for you child to challenge themselves in a less competitive atmosphere can prove very rewarding!
Here are a few tips of what to look for when seeking out an activity centre:
- Organized programs that offer both drop-ins as well as memberships work well as it gives you more flexibility to find something that meets your daily plans.
- Look for a facility that features activities that offer not only fun, but learning for your child. This is especially effective for the age 1-4 kids who still have much coordination and cognitive, physical and social skills to develop.
- Find activities that are age appropriate and that won’t find your toddler face to face with the knee caps of a 10 year old.
- Look for programs that have flexible usage so that you can be sure to take advantage of as much activity time as possible.
- Look for both free time and structured classes for you to enjoy with your child. This offers the fun of play with the benefits of learning.
Brinkeetos in Kanata, offers your child a whole world of discovery. Using psychomotricity to foster better spatial awareness in children, your child will learn to feel more at ease with their body. They combine rhythm, games and physical activity for a fun-filled experience your child will be sure to enjoy. Each program is based on your child’s age and skill set and is designed to improve cognitive, physical and social skills. Visit www.brinkeetos.com for information on participating in a free class.